Project Dawn Aims To Stop Overdose Deaths
from Fox 45 website
Project DAWN is a community-based drug overdose education and naloxone distribution program. It is a service offered by CrisisCare through funding from the ADAMHS Board and in conjunction with the MAT program. DAWN stands for Death Avoidance with Naloxone (Narcan).
Samaritan Behavioral Health, Inc. is Now Offering Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Services for Opioid Addiction
CrisisCare is an innovative, county-wide crisis and assessment service for people with mental health or drug and alcohol needs. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, CrisisCare services any adult or youth in Montgomery County who needs crisis services or evaluation for hospitalization. Often access for Severe Mental Health and Alcohol/Drug Diagnostic Assessments is available Monday through Friday.
Emergency intervention and assessment services include:
- Hotline – 24-hour suicide prevention and crisis counseling telephone line.
- Warmline – 24-hour supportive telephone counseling service.
- Screening & Triage – Evaluation of crisis needs with follow-up recommendations for service.
- Emergency Walk-ins – Face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Pre-Hospital Screening – Health officials evaluate whether a consumer needs to be hospitalized due to life threatening circumstances.
- Mobile Crisis Services – Crisis intervention services provided at residences and/or in the community for those who are at risk of harm to themselves or others.
- Crisis Counseling – Provides individual counseling up to a maximum of three sessions for acute stabilization.
- Crisis Counseling – Ongoing support of clients who are in the process of being linked to community treatment agencies.
In addition, CrisisCare also provides:
- Emergency Psychiatric/Medication Services – Psychiatric nurses are on site from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday. A psychiatrist is on site from 9 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday mornings. Psychiatrist is available varied hours Monday through Saturday and is available for consult 24/7.
- Alcohol/Drug Assessments – Diagnostic assessments for Montgomery County residents who are using drugs and/or alcohol.
- Severely Mentally Disabled (SMD) Assessments – Diagnostic assessments for those with severe, enduring and disabling mental disorders, and linkage to services in Montgomery County for ongoing treatment and monitoring.
- Care Coordination – Coordinates and links all referrals for CrisisCare clients to treatment agencies; insures clients have adequate resources to access services and monitors follow-through with CrisisCare referrals and recommendations.
Our staff includes a broad range of mental health and substance abuse professionals, including:
- Certified Chemical Dependency Counselors
- Licensed Counselors and Social Workers
- Registered Nurses
- Care Coordinators
Reference Web Sites:
CrisisCare also provides specialized services in other settings, such as the jail, Juvenile Court and schools.
For more information, call (937) 224-4646.