CrisisCare is an innovative, county-wide crisis and assessment service for people with mental health or drug and alcohol needs. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, CrisisCare services any adult or youth in Montgomery County who needs crisis services or evaluation for hospitalization. Often access for Severe Mental Health and Alcohol/Drug Diagnostic Assessments is available Monday through Friday.
Emergency intervention and assessment services include:
- Hotline – 24-hour suicide prevention and crisis counseling telephone line.
- Warmline – 24-hour supportive telephone counseling service.
- Screening & Triage – Evaluation of crisis needs with follow-up recommendations for service.
- Emergency Walk-ins – Face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Pre-Hospital Screening – Health officials evaluate whether a consumer needs to be hospitalized due to life threatening circumstances.
- Mobile Crisis Services – Crisis intervention services provided at residences and/or in the community for those who are at risk of harm to themselves or others.
- Crisis Counseling – Provides individual counseling up to a maximum of three sessions for acute stabilization.
- Crisis Counseling – Ongoing support of clients who are in the process of being linked to community treatment agencies.
In addition, CrisisCare also provides:
- Emergency Psychiatric/Medication Services – Psychiatric nurses are on site from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday. A psychiatrist is on site from 9 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday mornings. Psychiatrist is available varied hours Monday through Saturday and is available for consult 24/7.
- Alcohol/Drug Assessments – Diagnostic assessments for Montgomery County residents who are using drugs and/or alcohol.
- Severely Mentally Disabled (SMD) Assessments – Diagnostic assessments for those with severe, enduring and disabling mental disorders, and linkage to services in Montgomery County for ongoing treatment and monitoring.
- Care Coordination – Coordinates and links all referrals for CrisisCare clients to treatment agencies; insures clients have adequate resources to access services and monitors follow-through with CrisisCare referrals and recommendations.
Our staff includes a broad range of mental health and substance abuse professionals, including:
- Certified Chemical Dependency Counselors
- Licensed Counselors and Social Workers
- Registered Nurses
- Care Coordinators
Reference Web Sites:
CrisisCare also provides specialized services in other settings, such as the jail, Juvenile Court and schools.
For more information, call (937) 224-4646.